Join us to Explore the Science and Engineering Application of M&S in Healthcare
The SSH Healthcare Systems Modeling & Simulation Affinity Group (HSMSAG) invites you to join us for two days of thought-provoking, stimulating discussion about the use of modeling and simulation in healthcare.
The new SSH Forum on Modeling & Simulation delivers an innovative showcase of modeling and engineering applications that improve safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and efficiency in healthcare.
Who should attend?
The SSH Forum is designed for new and experienced practitioners, trainers, researchers, vendors and policy makers from healthcare and engineering communities.
January 12, 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM
Plenary Session. This panel discussion will provide an analysis of the complexity of healthcare delivery in today’s environment. Our diverse panelists will explore how M&S engineering and applications can:
- Improve healthcare quality and patient safety;
- Enhance “time to market” in healthcare innovation;
- Foster business innovation in various industries outside of healthcare;
- Be applied to different levels of healthcare delivery systems;
- Offer new ways to study complex systems and more.
- Rajesh Aggarwal, MD
- Jim Fackler, MD
- Louis P. Halamek, M.D., F.A.A.P
- Marc Horner, PhD
- Terry Young, PhD
January 12, 1:00 PM- 5:00 PM
Five break-out sessions throughout the afternoon:
- Biology modeling: Cell, Organ and Disease will explore disease mechanism, biomechanics, diagnoses, prevention, recovery and precision medicine
- Medication/Medical Device will discuss In-silicon clinical trials, drug design and screening, device design, develop and usability testing
- Healthcare Delivery Process/Information systems/Hospital Operation covers patient triage and patient flow, optimization for patient appointment and providers scheduling, EHR/EMR integration and more
- Healthcare Policy provides updates on pandemic disease modeling, reimbursement and return on investment and multi-scale diagnostic-prescriptive
- Emerging technologies shares the latest on virtual reality, artificial intelligence and 3D printing
January 13, 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Panel One: Collaborations Across Different Stakeholder includes perspectives from government agency, scientist, engineers, clinicians, industry (company and startups)
- Panel Two: Knowledge Dissemination (Model Sharing, Outreach) and clinical translation, implementation, policy change; Translate computational science as 3rd science method
- Panel Three: Creating and Enhancing Interdisciplinary Higher Education Programs; cross training
- Panel Four: Partnership with FDA, NIH, CDC, NPSF/IHI, IMAG, MDIC, INCOSE, etc.